The everyday duties of life mean that we inadvertently neglect to focus on being healthy, wellness, fitness goals and ultimately what we eat and drink. As a result, we slowly accumulate unwanted toxins, a few extra unwanted pounds and inevitably how content we feel about ourselves.
Research as shown that detoxing the body to reduce unwanted toxic load is complimentary to maintaining a healthy diet and exercise helping to maintain a strong metabolism and body to support us throughout our lives. Detox is short for detoxification and it is the process of removing unwanted toxic substances from the body. After determining what is your ideal Body Mass Index (BMI). That is, statistically what is your ideal body weight. After that you can then decide whether a detox, weight loss programme and ketogenic diet is potentially right for you. You can find and calculate your BMI Here Establish your average daily calorific requirement that you need to maintain your ideal body weight, you can easily find that out Here
So, what are the best ways to Detox your body and maintain a healthy BMI and Weight? Below are five simple steps to follow:
- Ditch the carbs, follow a low carb plan for the first 2-3 days.Low carb means that you consume less carbohydrates and increase your uptake of protein or fat instead. So how does this work? When you reduce sugar and starches, blood sugar levels level off and the hormone associated with storing fat drops significantly. Ultimately you store less fat and burn more of it for energy causing you to feel satiated and not over consume more than your body’s needs.
- Up your intake of protein such as Meat, protein-based vegetables like mushrooms, eggs, non-starchy vegetables.
- Avoid: Sugar and food like bread, gluten, sugar and wheat-based products
- Ensure that you remain hydrated throughout the process. The body needs water to maintain all its metabolic processes such as digestion and detoxification. So, what liquids can you drink?
- Water: Drink at least 2.0 Litres of water daily this is the recommended daily intake of water to not only flush out toxins but also to maintain healthy metabolic process. Detox waters such as lemon, mint and cucumber infused detox water not only help keep the body hydrated, aid digestion and detox the body it also makes water taste very nice.
- Tea: Drink detox teas. Detox teas like our 14/28 day SlimTox Tea that contains Yerba mate leaf, hibiscus flowers, dandelion leaf, burdock root, Sencha green tea, Schisandra berry, garcinia camogie, acai berry to support and speed up and support the body’s natural weight loss processor our14/28 day cleanse and revitalise tea that contains the ingredients Flaxseed, rooibos leaf, cinnamon bark, dandelion root, liquorice root, cacao nibs, fenugreek seed and rose petals that are known to support the body’s cleansing process, enable detox and reduce toxic load
- Coffee: Coffee can be consumed during a detox low carb process, but we recommend decaffeinated coffee with low fat milk or cream. Avoid calorific laden cappuccinos and lattes
- Light Exercise is a good way to maintain mobile, burn calories and encourage detoxification. Light exercises such as Yoga, Pilates, Swimming or running are probably best to follow during the initial stages of any detox process. We all differ but feedback has shown that during the first 2-3 days the body tends to go through an acclimatisation process of using fats and protein to yield energy as well as expulsion of unwanted waste. Thus, heavy exercise such as weightlifting may not be suitable for everyone. Whilst the relaxing and stretching movements that are supported by yoga may not only help to support the detox process but also add feeling of wellness and calm.
- Eat little but often. Research has demonstrated that eating frequently can help to maintain stable blood sugar and energy levels. Fluctuating blood sugar levels associated with sporadic eating has long been associated with weight gain. By maintaining stable blood sugar levels, we maintain a balanced appetite and does away with the need to grab for any snack that are high in sugar content. This enables us to maintain or even lose unwanted weight.
- Detox Baths are an excellent way to unwind and relax. Try an Epsom salt bath that contains the mineral magnesium that when dissolved in water helps to extract unwanted toxins from the body leading to stress alleviation, reduction of muscle pain and helps you to have a good night’s sleep.
Disclaimer: By continuing you agree to our terms and conditions. *Disclaimer: This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. The results may vary from person to person. SlimUp Tea and its SlimTox programme is not a food substitute. For maximum health benefits, it should always be consumed in conjunction with a healthy balanced diet and exercise.